Monday, August 25, 2014

Bedbugs

Mom, Dad, you always said "Goodnight, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite."
Well, I let them bite. WE HAVE BEDBUGS. We have them pretty bad too.
Ok ok ok now, no one freak out, it's no big deal. Just kidding it
really is a big deal. Oh well, it was bound to happen sometime. You
aren't a New Yorker if you don't get bed bugs right?
I have lots of bites, it's quite disgusting. In the words of Sister
Board as we were walking back from the laundromat, "I feel like this
can't be real life. We have to be living a dream... Or I guess a
nightmare."
No worries, Sister Peterson and Sister Joseph took us in. we have been
staying in their pad the past few days until the exterminator comes
:)))))) Sister Peterson sings us hymns at night until we fall asleep.
She's a saint.
Ok I'm sure you don't even want to hear about this so that's all I'll
say on that subject.
Oh, hey, our landlord called just this moment and the exterminator is
coming right now yayyyyyy!

So, on Tuesday we had dinner with A. She is a member and lives
right on the river across from Manhattan. I don't even want to think
about how much it would cost to live there.... Anyways, we ate dinner
on the roof of the apartment building. It was the coolest most
beautiful-est thing I have ever done. I felt like I was in a movie as
we ate dinner and shared a message while watching the sunset over
Manhattan :))))

Then, on Wednesday Sister Peterson, and I were able to go to Manhattan
for U and J's wedding. I'm proud to say I successfully got us
there without getting lost on the subway. U and Jl are members of
the deaf branch. U just got baptized last week! Sister Peterson and
I were able to teach them with the ASL Elders a few times, and they
invited us to the wedding. So we got permission and everything worked
out just right for us to go together! It was sooooo cooooooollll. Let
me enter the ASL program now please. Oh hahahahaha and at the wedding
someone dropped the cake hahahah so Sister Peterson and I (attempted)
to fix it. Saved the day.

For district meeting this week we did something interesting. We had a
draft! Kind of like an NBA draft. We basically reassigned all of our
investigators to different missionaries who we felt would be able to
help them progress towards baptism. Sister Board and I only have a few
investigators now because no one reassigned their investigators to us.
Looks like we're finding again wooohoooooooo!!!!

N is good :) and her daughters are good too. Going for the Sept.
20th baptismal date for N. Pray for that please. The word of wisdom
might be a little bit hard, but if it's meant to be God will help us
:) They gave us donuts this week. I think I ate 8 donuts this week and
I'm not even lying. Missionary problems. Anywho, tonight we are going
to FHE with N at a members house. It should be totally awesome
because 1.Free food, 2.They live in a realllllyyyyyyyy nice apt.
building, and 3.MEMBERS ARE THE KEY. We simply can't do it without
members, even though they are busy busy New Yorkers.

Oh my gosh something totally awesome happened to me this week. One
morning I was very frustrated because I try soooo hard in my studies,
but I still struggle to connect as much as I would like to with the
Book of Mormon. Throughout my mission I've tried different methods to
find out how I learn best... But none of the methods really worked out
that great. I was feeling down and wondering what was wrong with me.
so I prayed for help on the matter.
That night we went to visit teach Sister Z with Sister T.
Well, we are talking about the Messiah and then randomly Sister Z
starts talking about how some people don't keep scripture study
journals, but rather scripture study sketchbooks! What the heck, why
didn't I think of that before?! A scripture study sketchbook!!!! You
draw what you read! It was pure revelation!
I've been doing it ever since and it works out beautifully for me. I
find a line that sticks out to me and doodle it with patterns and all.
The doodling helps me think about what it really means and expound
upon it through patterns!!!!,,!, or sometimes I just draw out step by
step what is happening. It takes a while, but it's worth it because I
GET IT NOW. yayyaayyay.
So that was cool. It only took me 19 years to figure that out.

Not much more has happened that I can remember. We've been quite
distracted by the bed but disaster the past 3 days. But we are ready
to get rid of them and get back to work!!!!

K the district is doing a puzzle for pday now, so I have to go. It's
so fun, it feels like we are in a cabin listening to music & doing a
puzzle!!! Life is good.

Xoxo
Sister Layton

No comments:

Post a Comment