Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!!
Are you excited? I sure am.
I don't even know what to write about this week. It has been TOO GOOD.
The Spirit of Christmas is floating in the air here in NYC.
I love this time of the year.
It's only once (or twice) you get to spend Christmas as a servant of
Christ! I am SO excited!

Christmas Eve we are spending most of the day with the mission for a
lunch/devotional/conference. It should be wonderful, I'm sure the
spirit will be on fire. I love when the whole mission gets together! I
had the idea to make a version of the 12 days of Christmas for our
mission... The zone liked the idea and together we wrote a song! It
goes "in the twelve zones of Christmas these are the things we
see......" And then we say a stereotype or something funny that each
zone is known for. We're going to to sing it at the conference! It's
so funny! Here's an example... "In the first zone of christmas these
are the things we see- a bunch of chinos and a big bridge," Because
zone 1 covers Deiker Heights (Asians) and Brooklyn Bridge. We are also
singing a spiritual song, and I guess I'm signing it since I can't
sing to save my life.

Good news, a miracle has occurred! A part member family invited us
over for Christmas Eve dinner! We didn't think we would have any
appointments on Christmas or Christmas Eve! I'm so excited!
C is making us lasagna!!!! My favorite :)

So Sister Passey and I taught RS about the second coming yesterday.
Good stuff right there.

We found 4 new investigators this week from He Is The Gift. Yes,
they're all deaf! Don't ask me how it happened, I have no idea. But oh
my goodness, they are all wonderful!! Two of them- C and T
are MARRIED, and they live in a HOUSE. Both rare things. I'm proud to
say I entered a house this week for the first time in a very very long
time. Pray for them, PLEASE, they are golden.

Sharing the gift is going very well over here in the city. You better
believe we've been sharing it not only in English, but also Spanish,
French, Korean, and Mandarin! I downloaded it in Indonesian on my
iPad. I WILL find someone who speaks Indonesian!
Anyways, We found the key place to #sharethegift.... THE MALL! We had
such a cool experience. We went to a zone finding activity outside of
the mall, wrapping gifts for free! But my companion and I found
ourselves wandering into the mall sharing the video with everyone we
saw..... And we were able to share it 43 times during our time
there!!!!! It's the best place to share the video, when the people are
running around stressed about gifts and whatevs, then they remember
it's about Christ, that HE is the gift. I love showing it to African
Americans, they get SO INTO IT.
Also, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with the sisters, and the waitress
spilled ranch alllllllll over my coat. I said "no worries, if you let
me show you a two minute video I won't get mad and talk to your
manager!" Yessss. The video touched her :)

Funny story: a woman asked me if I was a nun, and I said yes, I
thought she said something else! My companion heard the conversation
and didn't even step in to tell her I'm not a nun! Hahahah. But what
the, do I look like a nun???

FAMILY I AM SO EXCITED TO SKYPE YOU ON CHRISTMAS.
It's going to be the best day ever.

Til next week.
-Sister Layton

The only pic I took this week..... On the train with K :)

No comments:

Post a Comment